Divorce/Dissolution of civil partnership

If you become divorced or dissolve your civil partnership...

If you become divorced or dissolve your civil partnership, you should review your Expression of Wish form .

Please note that for divorce/dissolution of civil partnership proceedings started on or after 2nd December 2000, the court has the option to split your pension between you and your former spouse/civil partner

Part of your pension will then belong to your former spouse/civil partner, who will have to transfer the value of it to another pension arrangement. This process is known as 'pension sharing'.

Your pension will be reduced to reflect the amount transferred to your former spouse/civil partner.

Please contact the Pensions Administration Team for more information if you are considering applying for a pension sharing order.