What you need to do first

If you are reporting the death of a member of the UKRF who was not a Barclays employee at the time of their death, please contact the Barclays Team so that any benefits that may be due can be paid as quickly and efficiently as possible.

You can report this online by clicking the link below. This will open an online webform for you to complete. If you do not know some of the information being requested, please leave the box blank. Once you have completed all sections of the form, simply hit ‘send’ and the information entered will be sent to the Barclays Team via email. A copy will also be sent to you at the email address you provide within the webform. A member of the team will assess the information and contact the next of kin or nominated person/company dealing with the Estate (if this is specified) within 2 working days.

Report a Death online

Alternatively, you can email, call or write to the Barclays Team at:

+44 (0) 1737 227 567
The Barclays Bank UK Retirement Fund
PO Box 709

Please refer to the section ‘What will you need to provide?’ below as these documents will be requested by the Barclays Team.

If you are reporting the death of a member of the UKRF who was a Barclays employee at the time of their death, please contact their line manager at Barclays directly to report their death. They will advise you what to do next regarding any pension benefits that may be due.

What will you need to provide?

You will need to provide the member’s death certificate. You may find it helpful to obtain several authorised copies of the death certificate as it is likely that a number of organisations may ask to see this.

Benefits may be payable to a spouse, civil partner or financial dependant. Before these benefits are paid, the Trustee will need to see a number of original documents to make sure that the money is going to the right people.

To help make sure that the benefits are paid as quickly and efficiently as possible, you may wish to keep the original documents listed below filed together and readily available.

The Trustee will use the information you provide to administer, calculate and pay the benefits. For full details of how the personal information is used please refer to the data privacy notice. Please advise any other person whose personal information you provide of how the Trustee will use their personal information and provide them with this link.

Original documents for spouses or civil partners:

  • The member's death certificate
  • The spouse's or civil partner's original birth certificate
  • The marriage or civil partnership certificate.

Original documents for financial dependants

Benefits may be payable at the discretion of the Trustee and, in addition to the death certificate, you may need to provide documents dated within six months before the member's death that show financial dependency/interdependence – for example:

  • Original bank/building society statements
  • Mortgage/rental agreements
  • Council tax and utility bills
  • In some cases the member's will.